Sewings and Goings; Love of History, Historic and Vintage Fashion

Sewings and Goings; Love of History, Historic and Vintage Fashion

Friday, December 3, 2010

First 1860's Day dress - finished - and worn at Gettysburg (Remembrance Day)

So I finished my first 1860's day dress- it was taken off the Simplicity Pattern and well it still needs tweaking done to it in order for it not to drag on the ground and needs fixed on the pleated waist- and don't ever doubt a Mother who's been sewing for the majority of her life!

*When it comes to pleating - stick with their advice, and even a pattern to... and don't pleat around the WHOLE waist if it's not going to work!

Here's some photos of what it looks like - and worn at Gettysburg for Remembrance Day this year! I'll post pictures of Gettysburg later and of my new (and my FIRST) ballgown I made in 2 weeks!







1 comment:

  1. thank you for the comment over at my blog! You should have totally come and said hi to us at remembrance day. Maybe another time we can get to meet! I love meeting other reenactors from blog land!

    In Christ,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete