Sewings and Goings; Love of History, Historic and Vintage Fashion

Sewings and Goings; Love of History, Historic and Vintage Fashion

Sunday, May 15, 2011

-:converting 1860's bodice - teenage style:-

Hi all!! I know you're probably wondering where I've been, and haven't posted up ZILCH in months now, it seems.. but I've finished my first semester of college, and got scheduled for next fall, and I'm hoping it goes alright. But other than that I've been trying to work on some projects, multiple.. trying to 'DE-FARB' an old 1860's dress I bought off of Ebay 5 or 6 years ago, and it first had an elastic waistband and the bodice had 4 strips of fabric sewn.. and had no correct shape or form to it whatsoever.. so here are the photos of what the bodice looked like before and what it's looking like now!! I'm so excited it looks like now- it's a short sleeved, fan gathered bodice.. and it's appropriate for the 'young woman' as well as late teen! Anyways, hopefully you enjoy the look-see!!
Will be posting much more ASAP!!!
Blessings,

~ Samantha Jane


Original bodice


















Converted and newly fixed bodice: gathered fanned pleats and short sleeves

11 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I've enjoyed reading your blog! I reenact the Civil War and your posts have been giving me ideas! I'm at http://victorianneedle.blogspot.com/ if you want to check it out!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete